Capture The Town 2018
CVA invites photographers to enter Capture the Town 2018, offering $1,000 in awards.
Capture the Town will feature the talents of area photographers as they capture images unique to Clayton, NC. 2016’s winners included the C.E. Barnes Store, Robertson Mule Barn, Wagner House, and Lee’s Laundromat. This competition is only held on even-numbered years.
- 1st Place: *$700
- 2nd Place: $150
- 3rd Place: $100
- Honorable Mention: $50
*First Place winner is a Purchase Award. CVA will present the winning photo to the Town of Clayton.
CVA will gain the right to print postcards using the four winning photographs. Sales of the postcards will support CVA’s art programs. Image use is only for postcards; artists retain image rights for their work.
Rules and Eligibility
- Capture the Town 2018 is open to professional and amateur photographers.
- Artists must be 18 or older
- Competition is open to photography that is traditional, digital, and digitally altered
- CVA reserves the right to disqualify any work whose content does not meet generally accepted community standards of good taste.
- Artists may enter up to two entries.
- All photographic images must be the work of the artist entering the competition.
- Artwork must be wired (no sawtooth hangers) and ready to hang; cannot exceed 35 pounds.
- Photography will be judged by a panel from Clayton’s Town Council
- Tuesday, April 24 – Deadline for entry
- Tuesday, May 1 – Deliver artwork to The Clayton Center, 111 E. Second St, Clayton between 11am-1pm or 4pm-6pm
- Thursday, May 3 – Free reception from 6-7:30pm to announce winners and honor entrants
- Friday, June 1 – Pick up artwork 11am-1pm or 4-6pm
- CVA will take a 30% commission on sales from this exhibit.
- Artists are responsible for sales tax on works sold
$35 entry fee ($25 for CVA members) for one or two entries.
Click here to download a printable version. Mail completed entry form and check to
Clayton Visual Arts, Inc.
PO Box 698
Clayton, NC 27528
Mail-in entries must be postmarked by Tuesday, April 24,
For any questions contact us @ email@example.com
[gravityform id=”1″ title=”true” description=”true”]