CVA invites photographers to enter
Capture the Town 2022, offering $1,000 in awards
Capture the Town will feature the talents of local photographers (of all levels) as they capture images unique to Clayton, NC. This competition is only held on even-numbered years.
1st Place: *$700
2nd Place: $150
3rd Place: $100
Honorable Mention: $50
*First Place winner is a Purchase Award. CVA will present the winning photo to the Town of Clayton.
Rules and Eligibility
1. Capture the Town is open to professional and amateur photographers.
2. Photographers do not have to be Clayton residents.
3. Photographers must be 18 or older.
4. Competition is open to photography that is traditional, digital, and digitally altered.
5. CVA reserves the right to disqualify any work whose content does not meet generally accepted community standards of good taste.
6. Artists may enter up to three entries.
7. All photographic images must be the work of the artist entering the competition.
8. Artwork must be wired (no sawtooth hangers) and ready to hang; cannot exceed 35 pounds.
9. Photography will be judged by a panel of Clayton’s Town Council and Town of Clayton employees.
10. CVA will gain the right to print postcards using the four winning photographs. Sales of the postcards will support CVA’s art programs. Image use is only for postcards; artists retain image rights for their work.
11. Clayton Visual Arts and the Clayton Center are not responsible for loss or damage to the artwork. Artists should insure their work if they desire.
12. If you have any questions about any requirements, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Friday, May 27th – deadline for entry
- Mail-in entries must be postmarked by Friday, May 20th
- Tuesday, May 31st – Deliver artwork to the Center between 11am – 1pm or between 4pm – 6pm
- Thursday, June 9th – Reception and Awards
- Thursday, June 30th – pick up artwork between 11am – 1pm or between 4pm – 6pm
Clayton Visual Arts handles art sales from this exhibit and receives a 30% commission on all sales of entries. Artists are responsible for sales tax on works sold.
First place winning entry is a Purchase Award. CVA will present the winning photo to the Town of Clayton.
$35 entry fee ($25 for CVA members) for one, two, or three entries.
Clayton Visual Arts, Inc.
PO Box 698
Clayton NC 27528